Jordanian band Zaman Zaatar bring taste of Amman to Cairo
Zaman Zaatar live (Photo: Courtesy of Ekaa)
After performing in Cairo and Alexandria last weekend, Zaman Zaatar and Yacoub Abu Ghosh will take the Stage at Beit El-Raseef on Thursday 18 April to continue bringing musical flavours of Amman to Cairo audiences.
Zaman Zaatar's music is a fusion of Middle-Eastern and Western instuments such as the Oud, Violin and Guitar, and strongly rely on imrovisation to give their performances colour and make sure no audience member gets the same experience twice.
They will be performing selections from their third album Khubz(Bread) which is released online only and for free. The band has two other albums: Like All People and Zad.
Their music is a testimony to the bands emotional and spiritual growth within Amman's society, reflecting on the Jordanian spirit.
Beit El-Raseef is a new space for culture and social development that opened in February. It has hosted several independent local and regional musicians, along with other activities.
Thursday 18 April in Beit El-Raseef at 8pm
9 Street 151, Off El-Horreya Square, Maadi, Cairo
By Rowan El Shimi
- Jordanian band Random House take their neo-Sufi fusion to Cairo
- Cairo gets an electro shock this Valentine's Day
- Beiruti glamor-set invade Amman for book launch
- Cairo's getting a taste of Palestine, Jordan and Egypt all in one at the El-Geneina theater next month
- Egyptian rock-funk band give music lovers a taste of what's to come