The Filthy Rich Members of the Mubarak Empire Revealed: the Fortunes and Figures
The family's fortune is rumoured to be in the range of 40 to 70 billion U.S. dollars.
Britain's Guardian newspaper in concert wtih Middle East experts and state- led security investigations into allegations of corruption against the ruling National Demotratic Party, have popularized this figure after their report was published in the early days of the Egyptian Revolution.The report alleges that this wealth is distributed between accounts in British and Swiss banks, and real estate in Britain, the United States and Egypt.
- Mubarak's Anniversary of Ousting Feb 11 Fails to Steal Thunder from Assads
- Assad Email Leaks Spill Bashar's Taste in R&B, Asma's Spending Sprees
- Siri at your service, inshallah! Best iPhone apps for the Arab world
- Rich Pickings for Egypt's Presidential Race: Mubarak, the Messiah, a Thief
- The case for Mubarak: What positive legacy does Egypt's ex-President leave behind as he goes to trial?