High school shootings in the U.S. and Europe, tribal dispute school stabbing in the Gulf
Brawl between two students, both 16-years old, in the wilayat of Muhdah led to the death of one of them, Sunday.
The incident occurred in Yazid bin Muhalb School when the students were coming out of the class during break time at around 1pm. One of the students suddenly rushed out and headed towards one of his classmates and attacked him with a knife. The badly wounded student collapsed on the ground. He was transferred immediately to Mahda Health Centre. T
he boy died after an hour because of the deep wound he had sustained in his heart, which led to profuse internal bleeding. The teachers informed that the two students had quarrelled earlier about two weeks ago. The reason of the quarrel was "a tribe-related dispute", the source said. The sources added that the accused student had many complaints against him, and had been causing a lot of problems for the students and the teachers with his rowdy behaviour.
Earlier, he had been expelled from the school but after some time, he was given a reprieve and taken back on the rolls. The sources in the school said that the victim's relatives had tried to avenge the killing by attempting to fatally assault the accused but the security units intervened and evacuated the students from the school.
The concerned authorities did not find the knife that was used for the murder. A source at the ROP said that the defendant has been arrested for further investigations and the case would be referred to the authorities.
- Hijabi Siberian student told to de-scarf or get out
- Egypt's 'killing culture': As police and politicians lose their grip, mobs take justice into their own hands
- If they won't come here, we will bring it there! Behind Lebanon's booming franchise industry abroad
- Jordanian bread-hungry Bedouins' civilized Riots versus British tea-sipping Hooligans
- The coup attempt that started a war: Israel’s invasion of Lebanon, its causes and consequences