Hiring times are here now in the UAE
UAE employers are planning to improve their recruitment strategies for the coming year offering jobseekers a reason to celebrate in the run up to the Christmas season.
Growth in the UAE workforce has continued at a steady pace throughout 2011 and this is set to continue into 2012 with a majority of UAE companies forecasting an increase in their headcount according to the latest review conducted by the Gulf Recruitment Group, one of UAE's leading executive recruiters.
The Gulf Recruitment Group's review found that 93% of employers anticipate increasing their head count in 2012 but will be looking at recruiting much more cautiously in the first quarter. UAE companies including multinationals and leading local companies have expressed strong confidence that 2012 will see accelerated business activity and with this greater hiring in the UAE and the wider region.
2012 will see an increase in headcount
The Gulf Recruitment Group has seen a positive upturn this year with an increase of 46 percent in live mandates received and placed in 2011 compared to 2010 and envisions this to improve significantly throughout 2012.
The Construction sector will see increased demand in the first two quarters of 2012 with 17 percent of organizations reviewed having a manpower plan in place for next year. Job openings will be in Project Management and Engineering especially out of the UAE.
- It doesn't run in the family? Finding the right talent top challenge for ME family businesses
- War for talent: the unhealthy side of the UAE's booming healthcare industry
- Maybe try some human rights? Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries announce initiative to address housemaid shortage
- What about human rights violations? ‘Smart’ devices to inspect labour housing in Dubai
- No strings attached, please: Saudi Arabia mulls implementing eight-year limit on expats' stay