Arkan to set up first-of-its-kind lime plant in region
Arkan Building Material Company, a leading provider of integrated building products and construction materials in the UAE, is setting up a first-of-its-kind lime plant in the region with a capacity of more than 1000 tonnes per day, the company announced today. The plant will be located within Arkan Industrial Park in Al Ain.
The plant will produce quick lime and hydrated lime using 100 per cent indigenous raw materials and will primarily cater to the growing demand for industrial lime for construction and chemicals industries in the UAE and wider region.
"Through our upcoming lime plant, Arkan is pioneering a new manufacturing approach not yet seen in the UAE or the wider region," said Suhail Mubarak Al Ameri, Chairman, Arkan. "As an essential chemical, lime – both burnt and hydrated – is used extensively across industries, including in steel, environmental effluents, agro-food, paper and construction. Considering the long-term plan for industrial development in the UAE, the demand for lime is only likely to grow further into the future.
"We have the capability to produce high-quality lime and in an environmentally friendly manner. With a capacity of nearly 1000 tonnes, products manufactured at our new lime facility will not only be distributed locally, but also exported to other countries in the wider region," said Adellatif Al Sfaxi, Chief Executive Officer, Arkan.
- An exercise in futility? UAE and Egypt bond over 'nonsensically' growing wheat in the desert
- Not getting off their back, yet: why activists still skeptical of GCC's band aid labour reforms
- Growing resentment? Syria's halt of Lebanese agricultural imports a 'disastrous' move
- The blessing in disguise? How sanctions have created a potentially powerful role for Iran's local automative industry
- Does the halal industry really understand what cross contamination is?