EMAL Aluminium Listed on London Metals Exchange
One of the four products produced by Emirates Aluminium (EMAL) is now registered with the London Metals Exchange (LME). Sow, a solid block of molten aluminium, produced at EMAL is now listed with the LME - ensuring both consistent pricing and an international standard of quality.
Established for over 130 years and located in the heart of London, the LME is the world's premier non-ferrous metals market.
The Exchange provides a transparent forum for all trading activity, and as a result helps to 'discover' what the price of material will be months and years ahead. This helps the industry to plan forward in a world subject to often severe and rapid price movements.
The LME requires that aluminium producers be ISO 9000 certified, and to have completed a full year of production prior to having their products listed on the Exchange. EMAL's listing with LME comes exactly one year after the smelter began producing Sow.
"I'm very proud of the work we've done to obtain the necessary certifications and demonstrate consistent production for the past year," said Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, President and CEO of EMAL. "Fulfilling the obligations of the London Metals Exchange for registration in the minimum time required is a true accomplishment, and it demonstrates clearly EMAL's commitment to delivering consistency and quality in the aluminium we produce here."
- Reconsidering the fork and knife hegemony: how cultural intelligence can land you the job of your dreams
- Revealed: the top ten paid individuals in the UAE
- With 903 dead in six months, Turkey's job safety, or lack thereof, comes under fire again
- Bayt.com survey reveals the "Ramadan effect'" on the workplace
- Time for some basic labour rights? Why hiring Filipino housemaids just got almost impossible in the UAE
- EMAL enters international aluminium market with 1st shipment to Daewoo International Corp.
- Emirates Aluminium announces Al Jaber Group as its First Abu Dhabi based client
- EMAL Celebrates Delivery of its First Cast Metal
- UAE targets huge sales growth on aluminium by 2011
- Emirates Aluminium pre-feasibility study underway