Gulf Metal Craft announces plans to expand Jebel Ali factory
Gulf Metal Craft (GMC), a subsidiary of Masharie, the private equity arm of Dubai Investments and the manufacturer of metal enclosures in the UAE, has announced plans to double production capacity by expanding its existing factory in Jebel Ali, Dubai.
The expansion will include construction of new buildings as well as procurement of additional machinery and equipment.
Commenting on the expansion, Basem Abu Shamleh, General Manager of Gulf Metal Craft said, "Since past two years, we have been focusing on overseas opportunities, and having built a strong presence in markets such as Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Iraq, Sudan and Jordan, we are confident of the growth prospects for GMC in the export markets. The expansion opens the door for GMC to supply a whole range of sheet metal products and consolidate its position as a preferred supplier in the export markets."
"The additional factory area and new machinery will increase GMC's production capacity by 75%, and will facilitate the manufacture of new products including cable tray management system. Approvals for the new buildings are being obtained from the authorities and we expect the expansion to be completed by the first quarter of 2011" added Abu Shamleh.
The new machinery will include a state-of-the-art powder coating line, a gasket robot machine and bending machines.
Established in 1989, GMC is primarily engaged in manufacturing standard range and custom design cabinets in electro galvanized steel, aluminium and stainless steel. The company's product range includes electrical distribution boards, instrument cabinets, package substation housing, and form 4 enclosures, among others.
GMC has provided electrical enclosures for several major projects in the UAE including DEWA substations, Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City, and the Al Raha Beach Resort. It has also supplied architectural stainless steel for projects such as the Dubai International Airport and Burj Al Arab.
- What can the GCC learn from China's economic model?
- A blessing in disguise? The Lebanese respond to economic crunch with small cars
- Abu Dhabi as the Star Wars' set: the region's superstar?
- What will the effect of losing the World Cup be on Qatar? 'Very small' says study
- 'This is Lebanon': why water taps are drying out
- Gulf Metal Craft secures contracts worth AED 6 million
- Gulf Metal Craft (GMC) expands product range
- Gulf Dynamic Switchgear launches expansion program with view to increase the domestic and international market share
- Emirates Building Systems accelerates regional expansion with prestigious Kuwait project
- Kuwait's Gulf Stainless Steel Factory to raise capital