Mekar strengthens GCC presence
Mekar, a leading central air-conditioning company, has opened its own dedicated sales and service centre in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and will soon be opening similar offices in Qatar and Abu Dhabi.
Aliseo Group, the Italian company which owns Mekar, recently acquired the company's distributor in the UAE, Royal Gulf, which was part of regional conglomerate Koohiji Group. Mekar has provided high-end air-conditioning products for many of the region's iconic properties including the seven-star Burj Al Arab hotel, the tallest tower of the world Burj Khalifa, the Yas Marina hotel in Abu Dhabi, Al Wakra hospital in Qatar and several other prestigious projects in the Middle East.
Francesco Boaro, President of the Aliseo Group which owns Mekar said, "The objective and efforts behind making further investments in the GCC Region is based on the perception that the long-term outlook for the construction industry in this region is positive and likely to remain so in the future. The recent acquisition of Royal Gulf will enable Aliseo Group to spread its sales network across the GCC countries and bring an array of high quality HVAC (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) products and solutions from Italy."
Arun Tuli, Managing Director of both Mekar LLC and Royal Gulf LLC said, "Now customers can buy Mekar products directly from Mekar rather than dealing through distributors. This not only provides price competitiveness but also gives confidence to the customer about after sales services and warranties directly from the manufacturers."
Tuli said that the company has expanded its product offerings with the introduction of a new range of Eurovent certified air handling units (AHUs), hygienic AHUs and green fan coil units. Eurovent certified products virtually assure customers that performance of the air-conditioning equipment will achieve the designed conditions. Mekar's assembling facility in the UAE is ISO 9001:2008 certified in addition to the recently gained Eurovent certification.
Tuli further added, "Mekar's prime R&D focus has been on developing energy efficient and environmental friendly air handling solutions. Our wide range of advanced energy recovery systems coupled with highly efficient built in controls, optimizes the power consumption without compromising the comfort and indoor air quality standards."
Royal Gulf will now be selling various HVAC products like chillers, ventilation fans, insulation materials, cooling towers and filters in all the GCC countries.
The Aliseo Group was established in Italy in the early 1970s and is dedicated to the engineering, and manufacture of innovative and energy efficient indoor climate systems. Along with Mekar and Royal Gulf the group also owns Ventilclima, Eden and Venco.
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Businessmen tortured in UAE
- State of the Arab World Economy report 2016: diversify, tax, slash subsidies
- Arab investors won't dump the Trump despite anti-Muslim remarks
- UAE economy minister projects high growth despite oil prices
- ShoreTel Strengthens Global Presence with Launch in the GCC
- Arab Cotton Ginning Company further strengthens management after instigating new dividend policy
- Cisco Systems further strengthens SMB presence with launch of SMB Select Program in GCC countries
- DAMAC strengthens presence in QATAR; Opens FIRST sales office in the country
- CIMA celebrates record-breaking year and strengthens GCC presence