Protection for the world’s largest man-made waterfall
Iceland Waterpark in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, a WOWRAK destination managed by Polo RAK Amusement LLC, opened its doors in October. The two adjacent theme parks alongside with a shopping and entertainment plaza as well as a kabana resort will cover nearly 500,000 sqm in the Al Mazahmay region of Ras Al Khaimah. The US$230 million development hosts world-class features such as one of the world’s largest man-made waterfalls and rain dance pool.
To guarantee a long-lasting seal Baytec® spray applications by Bayer MaterialScience were used by the contractors. Dubai-based Bayer MaterialScience’s joint venture systems house BaySystems Pearl supplied Baytec® spray for many of the attractions including the Kids Clove area, Penguin Bay Rain Dance Pool and the Water Fountain at the waterpark park.
Baymer® spray foam has been used to create the artificial snow supporting the Iceland theme of the amusement park. The spray foam could also be carved into shape after the spray process to give a realistic impression of the ice. "The high versatility of solutions offered by BaySystems Pearl has enabled us to realize innovative approaches in completing this unique Water Park in the region," says Chawla Santokh, Director of PoloRAK amusements.
The outstanding benefit of both spray systems is their easy and fast application and the short amount of time required to execute the spray operations. “Using the know-how from the global Bayer MaterialScience systems house network, we could provide the ideal surface solution for Polo RAK. A zero VOC Baytec® polyurethane elastomer was tailor made to meet Polo RAK's environmental and performance criteria,” explains Feroz Saleem, Managing Director of BaySystems Pearl.
Bayer MaterialScience’s Baytec® spray systems are free from solvents and fillers and ensure optimum long-lasting seal. Baytec®, a material consisting of two liquid, polyurethane-based components, is highly resistant and offers lasting protection for concrete and metal. The impressive properties of this material and its fast, easy processing are crucial advantages in many fields of application. Baytec® spray has proved its worth in practical use for over 20 years – a fact that is documented in numerous test certificates awarded by independent institutions.
- How the healthcare industry and populace can get the most from healthcare
- Delusion or reality? The new kind of 'industrial revolution' awaiting the Gulg
- Why the Middle East must invest its future in manufacturing AND innovation
- Israel to exploit Jordanian workers, "Made in Jordan" label to sell
- Is the halal food industry the answer to the Muslim world's food (in)security issues?
- Dubai Investments Park signs agreement with BaySystems Pearl
- TechnoPark to be base for Bayer Group Middle East operations
- Dh850m theme park to be developed in RAK
- Masdar and Bayer MaterialScience sign co-operation on sustainable construction
- Rasasi launches website to promote new spray perfume for women