Syria: 120 industrial projects carried out last year
Syria's Investment Commission announced that 120 industrial projects were carried out in the country last year. The Commission added, in a recent report, that the number of transport projects reached 101 and agricultural projects to 40.
The Commission report claimed that the number of projects during the period from 1991 through 2009amounted to 3301 projects, of which the percentage of execution reached to 18.4.
There has been an increase in the projects during 2009 with a 9.4 percent, added the report classifying the projects as covering different sectors like engineering projects, industrial, industrial zones, food projects.
Earlier, Syria's Premier Mohamad Naji Otri reiterated the importance of boosting investment process up, encouraging the establishment of investment projects in Eastern and Steppe Regions, SANA news agency reported. Chairing the Higher Council of Investment, Engineer Otri called for the formulation of necessary formulas as to attract investors and develop infrastructure. In implementation for the developmental objectives for the Eastern and Steppe Regions, the Higher Council of Investment agreed to lower the minimum investment capital amount for investment projects from 30 million SYP (1 USD equivalent 46 SYP) to 10 million SYP.
- CyberCity: Boscan Jordan Group and JUST to carry out IT-specialised QIZ
- Iran’s international energy production worth $6.5 billion, to continue ventures with Syria
- SSC to solicit private sector assistance in carrying out Disi project
- ENI: 25 YEARS OF GAS IMPORTS FROM ALGERIA-RENEWED COLLABORATION TO CARRY OUT NEW HYDROCARBON EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION
- New transportation project to be carried out in Tunis