Iran denies report on uranium enrichment suspension
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehman-Parast on Monday dismissed an Israeli newspaper report on the suspension of Iran's uranium enrichment activities as "unfounded" and "baseless", stressing that Tehran will continue its unabated nuclear activities.
"From our viewpoint, these newspapers and information-dissemination sources are not creditable and there is no audience for such fabrication of news and purposeful mistakes in Iran," Mehman-Parast told FNA. Israel's Ha'aretz newspaper reported earlier that Iran has suspended its nuclear enrichment program in gesture of goodwill towards the West.
The newspaper, quoting unknown Iranian media sources, claimed that Iran has suspended its uranium enrichment program for two months, and said that the move was meant to be a gesture of goodwill towards the western powers.
Also Monday, Spokesman of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Shirzadian told FNA that the country's enrichment process has not been suspended and that Tehran has and will always pursue the same policy of continued nuclear activity.
- Spokesman: Iran may continue suspension of uranium enrichment activities
- Iran officially announces suspension of uranium enrichment program
- Iran slams Western media reports on enriched uranium
- Egypt denies involvement in uranium enrichment activities
- Iran: Suspension of uranium enrichment - ”unprincipled”