Khamenei blames West for deadly Israeli raid
Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei on Tuesdau said the United States, Britain and France must be held accountable for an Israeli attack on a Gaza-bound aid convoy. According to Press TV, he said the attack on the international convoy was an act of lunacy, adding that the attack brings Israel closer to its end.
"Zionism is a new and more aggressive face of fascism which is this time supported by governments claiming to be advocates of freedom and human rights with the US above all," Khamenei stated. "What does the three-year blockade of food and medicine imposed on 1.5 million of Palestinians mean? How is massacre, torture and imprisonment of young Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank understandable?"
The Iranian leader added that the symbolic act of sending aid convoys should be repeated in various forms and means over and over again.
- Palestinian leadership to seek UN meeting over Israeli raids
- Israel blames Iran for Bulgaria attack
- Suicide bomber kills Israeli cop; Palestinian, two Israelis shot dead in West Bank; Israel rejects ceasefire plan
- Palestinian man shot dead by Israeli soldiers during West Bank raid
- Khamenei: US not acting for dialogue