“GO” Telecom raises income by 11% and reduces net loss by 9%
Etihad Atheeb Telecom Co. "GO" (TASI symbol: 7040 Atheeb Telecom) announced the initial financial results for the second quarter ended September 30, 2010. GO was able to reduce the net loss for the second quarter by 9% to SR 146.3 million compared to the previous quarter, while income had risen by 10.9% compared to the previous quarter to SR 46.8 million.
Eng. Raed Kayal, Acting Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Atheeb Telecom Co. "GO" stated: "The initial financial results for the second quarter reflect a significant improvement in both operational performance and operational income, "GO" was able to minimize operational expenses and net loss by 9% compared to the previous quarter, and increase services income by 11% compared to the previous quarter, this increase is the direct result of the company's success in raising its active subscribers base, particularly with Advanced Voice (Easy Phone) and Data services (Broadband Internet), and the launch of GO's business packages, ( Baria ) - the first package of its kind designed for female entrepreneurs in the Saudi Arabia, and (GO Business). "GO" will continue its operational strategies with an emphasis on reducing operational costs and optimizing current assists. Given the company's exceptional infrastructure and advanced 4G wireless communications network, we expect a continues growth of the company's active subscribers base, and new consumer and business products, also taking into consideration the Board of Directors' recommendation to release a Rights Issue of 600 million Saudi Riyals after acquiring all regulatory approvals. The company will continue its endeavor in cooperation with regulatory authorities to accelerate the implementation of Fair Competition policies in the Broadband and fixed Line market which would reflect positively on innovation and quality of service."
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Huawei to establish a center of innovation in Saudi Arabia
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- Bahrain's Investcorp buys UK's Nebulas to become European cybersecurity giant
- Gulf Finance House reports US$ 11.9 million net profit in the first quarter
- Etihad Atheeb Telecom Co. "GO" appoints Eng. Raed Kayal as Acting Chief Executive Officer
- Bank of America Announces 2009 net income of $6.3 Billion
- MEA minimizes losses to $30 million
- Inmarsat Holdings Limited Reports Third Quarter 2005 Results