Aastra and Sony Ericsson Collaborate to deliver Mobile Unified Communication Solutions to Enterprises in the Middle East
Aastra, a leader in enterprise communication solutions and Sony Ericsson, a global provider of mobile multimedia devices, including feature-rich phones and accessories, announced today that they have signed an alliance to jointly market complete Mobile Unified Communication Solutions for enterprises in the Middle East.
As part of the agreement, both parties will thoroughly test the end-to-end solution, train the channel partners and guarantee a single point of support for the total solution.
The Mobile Unified Communication Solution targets large enterprises and multi-national companies and is based on Aastra's MX-ONE™ and BusinessPhone™ communication systems, a client software (Aastra Mobile Client) and Sony Ericsson's latest business grade smart phones Vivaz™, Vivaz Pro™, Satio™ and Xperia™ X10, X10 mini and X10 mini Pro..
Enterprises will benefit from cost control, efficiency improvements and customer service enhancements realized by the One Number Mobile Extension capability, which maximizes the accessibility of the corporate users. Travelling professionals could benefit from impressive cost savings while roaming, using advanced call-back and Travel SIM features.
Professional users will not only benefit from a complete business voice solution, but also from the additional capabilities of the smart phones like: Enterprise Email (POP, SMTP, IMAP, Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync ), WiFi, HSPA High speed internet with tethering capabilities connecting laptops, Virtual Private Networking (VPN), Device management capabilities, Global Positioning System (GPS), and an ergonomic user interface (full keyboard or large touch-screen).
Ruediger Odenbach, General Manager, Sony Ericsson Middle East comments: "We see that the Middle East is a growing market for mobile telephony, and we are partnering with a strong player in the enterprise segment to jointly address the underserved mobility needs of enterprises. Enterprise customers have different requirements for mobile phones and Sony Ericsson has a wide range of phones available supporting the Aastra Solution offering."
Dr. Roger Hage, Vice President, Business Development at Aastra MENA comments: "We are happy to be able to offer our enterprise customers the best of breed terminals to complement our mobility solutions. Sony Ericsson phones will be able to access all features offered by our telephony systems like corporate voicemail, unified messaging, conferencing and attendant call handling, thus fully capitalizing on investments enterprises have already made in their systems. We are constantly enhancing the capabilities of our mobile client and adding features like dual-mode handover between wireless (WiFi) and mobile (GSM) networks as well as instant messaging, presence and on-line corporate directory search. Our priority in deploying innovative solutions is quality, that's why we are joining forces with Sony Ericsson to be able to guarantee an end-to-end solution and a single point-of-support."
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- Government services increasingly digitized in MENA to collect big data
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Samsung S6, S6 Edge receive warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Aastra offers free software upgrade for Ericsson MD110 Enterprise Customers in the Middle East and North Africa
- Info2Cell.com delivers UAE capital market information to mobiles
- Aastra Technologies signs Distributorship agreement with Saudi-Ericsson Communications Company
- Etisalat Joins Forces with Avaya to Provide End-to-End Enterprise Telephony Solutions and Enhanced services
- Aastra launches new partner program for IP Telephony and Unified Communications in Middle East