Dubai ranked amongst top 8 cities suffering from network attacks, Say Kaspersky Lab at Gitex 2010
Maksym Schipka, Director, Hosted and Streaming Technology Research, Kaspersky Lab, speaking at Gitex 2010 said "Dubai is ranked amongst top 8 cities suffering from network attacks."
According to Kaspersky Security Network statistics gathered over the last 7 days, 67% of attacks on computers located in Dubai are distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS). DDoS attacks are usually performed by utilizing Botnets, mainly aiming to try to disable or limit access to online services located in the country, targeting primarily E-commerce type of websites.
30% of attacks are attempting to exploit MS08-067 vulnerability. One of the most famous malware exploiting this vulnerability is Kido worm.
"Dubai is one of the major hubs of commerce in the Middle East region, and the number of businesses operating online is constantly increasing, which makes it the destination of network attacks in the region", continued Maksym Schipka.
The eight cities suffering the most from network attacks according to Kaspersky Security Network statistics are Moscow, NY, LA, Harbin (10th largest city in China), Taipei (Taiwan), Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Dubai.
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Samsung S6, S6 Edge receive warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Eclipsing Facebook and Twitter: WhatsApp most popular social media site for Arabs
- More technology, less fashion: Why fashionistas haven't exactly fallen for Apple's smartwatch
- Dubai ranked amongst top 8 cities suffering from network attacks, say Kaspersky Lab at Gitex 2010
- Hotels ready to welcome visitors from GITEX Technology Week 2011
- Global It Security Spending Estimated To Rise To Us$ 60 Billion, As Cybercrime Continues To Grow
- GITEX to put the spotlight on it security & boost market awareness - UAE leads ME in security services spending with $4.718 billion in 2005