Dubai ranked amongst top 8 cities suffering from network attacks, Say Kaspersky Lab at Gitex 2010
Maksym Schipka, Director, Hosted and Streaming Technology Research, Kaspersky Lab, speaking at Gitex 2010 said "Dubai is ranked amongst top 8 cities suffering from network attacks."
According to Kaspersky Security Network statistics gathered over the last 7 days, 67% of attacks on computers located in Dubai are distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS). DDoS attacks are usually performed by utilizing Botnets, mainly aiming to try to disable or limit access to online services located in the country, targeting primarily E-commerce type of websites.
30% of attacks are attempting to exploit MS08-067 vulnerability. One of the most famous malware exploiting this vulnerability is Kido worm.
"Dubai is one of the major hubs of commerce in the Middle East region, and the number of businesses operating online is constantly increasing, which makes it the destination of network attacks in the region", continued Maksym Schipka.
The eight cities suffering the most from network attacks according to Kaspersky Security Network statistics are Moscow, NY, LA, Harbin (10th largest city in China), Taipei (Taiwan), Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Dubai.
- I just called to say... Saudi mobile phone market is the biggest in MENA
- Mobile mania! MENA cell phone sales higher than ever in 2014
- Online freedom vs. the red flag: five disturbing facts about Turkey's Internet Law
- Saudi Arabia, Jordan lead cell phone market competitiveness
- Is cloud computing clouding the judgement of ME businesses?
- Global internet attack slowing internet could get worse
- Middle East Online Banking Users Between favorite Targets for Online Fraud, Says Kaspersky Lab
- Done with Israel? Anonymous threatens to hack Gulf oil companies over use of US dollars
- ComGuard and Enterasys partnership to offer preventative network intrusion detection solution
- Dubai ranks among top 10 digital cities in e-government services