Dubai ranked amongst top 8 cities suffering from network attacks, Say Kaspersky Lab at Gitex 2010
Maksym Schipka, Director, Hosted and Streaming Technology Research, Kaspersky Lab, speaking at Gitex 2010 said "Dubai is ranked amongst top 8 cities suffering from network attacks."
According to Kaspersky Security Network statistics gathered over the last 7 days, 67% of attacks on computers located in Dubai are distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS). DDoS attacks are usually performed by utilizing Botnets, mainly aiming to try to disable or limit access to online services located in the country, targeting primarily E-commerce type of websites.
30% of attacks are attempting to exploit MS08-067 vulnerability. One of the most famous malware exploiting this vulnerability is Kido worm.
"Dubai is one of the major hubs of commerce in the Middle East region, and the number of businesses operating online is constantly increasing, which makes it the destination of network attacks in the region", continued Maksym Schipka.
The eight cities suffering the most from network attacks according to Kaspersky Security Network statistics are Moscow, NY, LA, Harbin (10th largest city in China), Taipei (Taiwan), Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Dubai.
- Why the new Samsung Galaxy S6 will 'redefine mobility'
- Blackberries officially gone: Meet the UAE's top 10 smartphones
- No plastic! Why Samsung got 'a lot right' when it comes to the new S6
- Microsoft exec: Lebanon needs wider broadband
- One more reason to hate it: feelings of envy on Facebook lead to depression
- Dubai ranked amongst top 8 cities suffering from network attacks, say Kaspersky Lab at Gitex 2010
- Hotels ready to welcome visitors from GITEX Technology Week 2011
- Global It Security Spending Estimated To Rise To Us$ 60 Billion, As Cybercrime Continues To Grow
- GITEX to put the spotlight on it security & boost market awareness - UAE leads ME in security services spending with $4.718 billion in 2005