HP opens Middle East Warehouse to strengthen regional distribution service
HP today announced the opening of the HP Middle East Warehouse and service centre that aims to extend HP's reach and proximity to its customers in the region.
The HP Warehouse also known as Middle East hub (MHUB) is expected to provide customers, channel partner and distributors with a complete portfolio of HP spare parts across the Middle East to improve customer experience and allow faster access to HP genuine parts and post sales services.
These spare parts previously sourced through HP's service centres in Europe took three to seven working days to reach the customers in the region. With the new facility customers and partners can now source genuine HP spare parts in less than 24 hours. DHL will manage the warehousing and overnight spare parts distribution logistics for HP across the Middle East.
The MHUB which started its preliminary operations in UAE in September 2009 now serves 17 markets across the Middle East, comprising GCC, Levant, and Africa.
Based in Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority, (JAZFA), MHUB today stocks spare parts to support channel partners and HP services in the region. The distribution centre has delivered more than 61,000 parts to channel partners across the region.
Spread across 1290sqm, the warehouse caters to all levels of region-specific spare parts and service support requirements across HP's Imaging and Printing Group (IPG), Personal Systems Group (PSG) and Enterprise Business (EB) divisions.
"The new facility has helped us strengthen our regional distribution and channel network and provide our partners with HP certified genuine service parts. The MHUB currently serves 77 channel partner locations and 14 HP locations across the region with plans in place to expand to CIS and Africa in 2011," said Ewald Busser, Technology Services Delivery Operations Manager at HP Middle East.
"HP needed a reliable and trustworthy partner who could deliver a tailor-made supply chain management solution that met their growing business requirements," said Dirk van Doorn, DHL Express Head of Solutions for Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa. "Our partnership with HP is a strong endorsement of DHL's network capabilities, powered by an outstanding Express Air Network, strong customs gateways at HP's destinations and a dedicated DHL team on the ground that is committed to success of the project."
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Huawei to establish a center of innovation in Saudi Arabia
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- Bahrain's Investcorp buys UK's Nebulas to become European cybersecurity giant
- HP opens Middle East Warehouse to strengthen regional distribution service
- HP Unveils Neoview Data Warehouse and New Services for Enhanced Business Intelligence
- HP to provide helpdesk services
- HP Middle East introduces a New Portfolio of Products to its Channel Partners at the HP Enterprise Technology Summit
- HP and Emitac to expand geographical distribution remit