Jordanian Association of Management Accountants (JAMA), a nonprofit association, is an amalgamation of two creative concepts: creating accountancy programs, training or otherwise, to raise and upgrade the quality standard of accountants in the country on the one hand, and establishing a strategic partnership with the American Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) in Jordan on the other.
Jordanian Association of Management Accountants hosts dinner to celebrate its first year anniversary
The Jordanian Association of Management Accountants (JAMA) recently hosted a dinner to celebrate its first anniversary. The event took place on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at Grand Hyatt Hotel – Amman.
In his welcoming speech, Mr. Ammar Khayyat, President of JAMA, presented to the attending members the accomplishments that the association has achieved during the year 2010. He also thanked all the sponsors who supported the association. In addition, he announced the launch of the “Members’ Benefits Program” and the “2011 Training Program”
The Members’ Benefits Program is comprised of various offers and special discounts for JAMA members provided by IMA, Orange, Morgan International, National Car Rental, TNT, Rawhi Pharmacies, ATICO Group, American Express, Readers, Doculand and Restaurant Associates Chain.
IMA representative and Regional Manager for the Middle East, Ms. Hanady Khalife also presented the benefits of being part of the IMA Chapter in Jordan and further explained the importance of acquiring CMA certification in today’s world.
Mr. Khayyat, in his speech, commented: “2010 marked a great year as a start.... we have gained the trust of our members and sponsors and we have delivered. Now, we see 2011 as a promising year to further promote JAMA. We will focus our efforts on our training activities and continue to enhance the Members’ Benefits Program. Additionally, we are planning to hold in Jordan next October a conference targeted towards professionals in the finance and accounting domain within the region.”
Ms. Khalife, representative of the (IMA) American Institute of Management Accountants, went on to say: “We congratulate JAMA on its first anniversary and all of the accomplishments it had fulfilled in 2010. We anticipate that the activities will continue to grow in 2011 and encourage the Jordanian accountants to take advantage of JAMA and IMA Joint Membership Program.”
JAMA is a non-profit organization that is affiliated with the IMA which was launched in March 2010 as a result of merging two creative ideas into one vision; to create programs that will support and upgrade the level of Jordanian CFOs and Accountants to meet International professional standards, and to find a partner for IMA in Jordan.
- Integrating Islamic finance: challenges ahead for the global sukuk market
- Restoring confidence: Can S&P bank upgrade help Lebanon's economy?
- Getting their priorities straight: Emirati households spending more on phones, cars than education
- Why Qatar stocks hit six year high this week
- Are Arab Bankers right to blame the region's deteriorating economies on the Arab Spring?
- Safir Hotel & Residences celebrates first anniversary in style
- Hyatt International Press Statement
- W Doha hosts top university-level hospitality management school, Glion Alumni Dinner
- Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea hosts the Jordanian Women’s Development Association of the deaf
- CIMA announces Arabic diploma in performance management