Ahlam pulls out of Arab Idol
The UAE's Ahlam has announced that she will not be part of the judging committee of the second part of the popular talent program ‘Arab Idol’. Ahlam made her announcement through her official page on the internet social network Twitter.
On her page Ahlam wrote, ‘You know I will not be part of Arab Idol 2, and I want the tension some people experienced during Arab Idol 1 to lessen and felt the best way to do that is by pulling out of Arab Idol 2.’
Ahlam’s announcement came as a shock especially after she previously announced that she will be part of Arab Idol 2 and Arab Idol 3. She had also said that she is in the process of signing a contract with the Arab satellite channel MBC that produces Arab Idol.
Different reactions resulted from the announcement as many were saddened by Ahlam’s decision and thought the show cannot go on without her, while others considered it a very wise step and supported her in making it.
What do you think? Was Ahlam traumatized by Arab Idol 1 and the mean comments? Do Arabs make an even crueller audience of reality TV and talent shows than their western counterparts?
- Who knew she was a lover, not a fighter? Ahlam was all lovey dovey at Murex D'or Festival with her fellow celebs
- I want you back: Nancy Ajram breaks her silence and requests Ragheb Alama's return to Arab Idol 3!
- All’s well that ends well: Arab Idol judges finale friends
- Oh My What? Fans still in shock over Ragheb Alama's Arab Idol withdrawal!
- Ahlam reveals slim new look on Tratata