Meet the all-new hipster, trendier and funkier-looking Ahmed Helmy!
Why is Ahmed Helmy looking more “hip” in his latest Facebook pic?
Not that he’s not a cool dude anyway, but the Egyptian actor posted a picture with young director Amro Salama from the set of his upcoming film “Cotton wa Fa’r” (Cotton & a Mouse) looking trendier than usual.
Ahmed looked 10 years younger sporting a clean-shaven face with a pair of funky purple glasses.
But if you’re wondering why Ahmed is already filming a new movie while still working on “Made in China,” it’s because he isn’t!
Ahmed told Al Rai Media that his upcoming comedy flick has been renamed to “Cotton & a Mouse.” That title is so far off from its previous China one, but we’re hoping the content will be as humorous as he promised us it would be.
Helmy posted a second pic with former Arabs Got Talent child contestant Nour, whom he had promised a role in his next film. Awws everywhere!
According to Laha Magazine, the comedian called the girl and presented her to the film's director Amro Salama, who was eager for to join the cast upon discovery of her acting ability that actually exceeded that of her singing.
The film starring Yasmine Raees, Dalal Abdel Aziz and Abdullah Mushraf is about a young man who upon finding out that everything in his country is made in China decides to travel to there, finding himself in the middle of many funny adventures.
- Two funny Egyptians, one Chinese film: Ahmed Helmy & Nelly Karim do "Made in China"
- Ahmed Helmy holds out on “Made in China” ‘til Arabs Got Talent ends
- No "Misi" monkey business for young actress Bushra at the zoo
- Ahmed Helmy makes good on promise to AGT contestant to star in his new film "Made in China"
- No can do! Ahmed Helmy turns down Casablanca International Film Festival invitation