Asalah receives second warning
The Egyptian Artists Union has sent Syrian singer Asalah Nasri a second warning ordering her to stand trial in front of the Union’s Legal Committee and hear her side of the story in the lawsuit against her filed by Musician Hilmi Bakir, who accused the singer of blasphemy against him, the Union and Egyptian art.
According to the London based Elaph, if Asalah does not appear in front of the committee, the Union’s council will hold a meeting to take serious actions against her. The warning comes as a legal procedure taken after the singer failed to be present for questioning the first time she was called in.
Until this point, the Union has not taken Asalah’s membership away, but sources have revealed that she may be stripped of it if she does not show after the second warning has been sent out. Head of the Union is attempting to resolve the disputes between Asalah and Hilmi peacefully without leading the matter to court.
- Cancellation of Asalah Nasri’s concerts in Egypt
- LG Graduates the Second Generation from LGE Al Asalah Academy
- Fadia Al Khatab head of the Syrian Artists Union
- Asalah Nasri and Hussain Al Jasmi to capture fans with new duet
- Mayada Al Hinawi: Asalah Nasri is overly jealous of me to the point of complication!