Athar Al Hakim resigns to be closer to God
Prominent Egyptian actress Athar Al Hakim has publicly announced that her decision to resign from the acting world is final. At the same time, Athar said that she does not intend on wearing the hijab (Islamic headdress) and start preaching because it is not her place to do so.
Athar stated that she considers the entertainment world to be more corrupt than the political world for it is full of superficial people, adding that most of the films being produced are full of indecent and provocative scenes that aim at brainwashing viewers.
During an interview with the show ‘La’ on the satellite channel Al Tahrir, Athar said she decided to permanently quit her career and she will not change her mind. She added that she no longer finds enjoyment in her career and it has turned into a burden she wishes to take off.
Athar noted that she wants to make a career shift and may consider journalism and has in fact received numerous offers to work as a television broadcaster but has not accepted any so far. Athar stressed that what she wants to concentrate on in the current moment is becoming closer to God.
- Athar Al Hakim’s resignation a done deal
- Athar Al Hakim denies nomination and insists on resignation
- Athar al Hakim sues Ramez Galal for "scaring her senseless" on his prank show
- Athar Al Hakim sues Enas Al Dughaidi
- Are we being punk'd? Did Athar al Hakim really accuse Ramez Galal of sexually harassing her?