Carmen Suleiman wins Arab Idol title
Egyptian contestant Carmen Suleiman won the title of ‘Arab Idol’ in its first season defeating Moroccan contestant Donia Batmah.
Along with the title, Carmen won a contract with ‘Platinum Records’, which will manage all her music projects. In addition, Carmen contracted with the soda company ‘Pepsi’ to present a number of commercials, and won a 2012 Corvette.
The final episode of the show featured all the final ten contestants of the program and the guest of honor was Tunisian singer Latifa.
In the past, Carmen had won first place in the semifinals of the Arab Music Festival. Musician Hilmi Baker had supported Carmen and composed a song for her about the Egyptian Revolution titled “Balad Al Huriyah” (Land of Freedom), which she sang alongside Egyptian singer Ahmad Al Jaraf.
- Elissa voted for Carmen Suleiman on Arab Idol
- Reliving the game: Arab Idol Carmen Suleiman shows the new lot how its done
- Carmen Suleiman dreams of a duet with Angham
- Arab Idol stars got each other’s back: Carmen Suleiman campaigns for Ahmad Jamal
- Fame's not all it's cracked up to be, says Arab Idol winner Carmen