Charges against Ruby dropped
Egyptian controversial singer/actress Ruby has announced that she has overcome her crises with the Egyptian Taxation Department and paid off all due taxes that amounted to 200 thousand Egyptian pounds (EGP). Ruby had at first refrained from paying her taxes for the film “Al Waed” (The Promise), which she starred in, and was convicted by an Egyptian court to a one year imprisonment.
Ruby said that a few days ago she had gone to the Taxation department and paid off 200 thousand EGP for due taxes and 100 thousand EGP in late fees and all charges against her are now dropped.
Ruby stated that the trial was a nightmare that has ended and she is not the first or last artist to be put in such a position and be convicted for not paying her taxes on time.
- Did someone put a ring on it?? Egyptian actress and singer Ruby denied wedding claims
- Ruby causes Sherif Sabri great financial losses
- US Urges Lebanon to Drop Charges Against Journalist
- Dina drops charges against Hussam Abu El Fotooh
- US Air Force Drops Charges of Negligent Homicide against Pilot in Kuwait Crash