Egypt nominates “Letters from Sea” for the Oscars
The film “Rasa’il Al Bahir” (Letters from Sea) by director Dawud Abd Al Said has been chosen to represent Egypt at the International Oscars Awards in the category of best foreign film, which is not American, for the year 2010.
The film is directed and written by Dawud and produced by the ‘Arab Cinema Company’. Egyptian actors Asar Yaseen, Basmah, Mohammad Lutfi, Mai Kassab and Salah Abdullah star in the film.
- Oscar-nominated 'Omar' director talks about progress in Palestinian cinema
- Oscar-nominated film "The Square" comes full circle with online release in its Egypt birthplace
- Haifa Wahbi sends Ahmad Zaki letters from sea
- Egypt's "The Square" circled from Sundance 2013 to next year's Oscars
- “Ali Zaoua” Nominated for the Best Foreign Film Oscar