Haifa on TV
Lebanese singer Haifa Wahbi has requested of the producing company of her first television drama “Ziqaq Al Madaq”(Al Madaq Allies), which is based on the famous novel by the late internationally well-known writer Najib Mahfouz and holds the same title, to postpone signing her contract. The singer stated that she wanted until the entire script for the drama is complete to better understand the role she will be playing, which will mark her first encounter on the small screen.
The drama is expected to be aired during the Ramadan season of 2011 and Haifa is to play the role of “Hamida”, which is the same character that was presented by the famous resigned Egyptian actress Shadia in the film for the same novel back in the sixties. The film had witnessed tremendous success fifty years ago.
Haifa is hopeful that her first television experience will be successful and plans on presenting her character differently than Shadia had previously done for several reasons the most important being the fear of being compared to Shadia and having the TV drama compared to the film.
The singer revealed that she had read the novel several times and was very pulled by it, stating that she discovered that there were numerous events that were not covered by the film and hopes they will be tackled in the drama.
- Haifa Wehbe shoots night scenes for her upcoming Ramadan TV drama "Mariam"! (Facebook)
- Haifa Wehbe shows off her Balmain dress and Charlotte Olympia panda shoes on the set of her upcoming Ramadan TV series "Mariam." (Instagram)
- Haifa deprived of first leading role in TV drama
- It's only "Words on Paper" for Haifa Wehbe's Ramadan TV series when it comes to Egypt TV
- Encyclopedia of Films Based on Mahfouz’s Novels to be Issued