International stars launch the ‘Cairo Film Festival’
- Prominent guests at festival1 of 2
- Richard Gere2 of 2
Egyptian Minister of Culture, Farouq Huni, launched the 34th round of the ‘International Cairo Film Festival.’ The festival’s theme is “Egypt through the eyes of world cinema”.
The grand launching ceremony was held at the Cairo Opera House and witnessed the presence of numerous stars from around the world like American prominent actor Richard Gere, French actress Juliet Beunch, Indian actress Celena Getly and prominent actors from around the Arab world.
Head of the festival, prominent Egyptian actor Izzat Abu Ouf, announced that this year’s festival award is dedicated to the late prominent actor Mahmoud Al Miliji and late actress Aminah Riziq. A short documentary was screened featuring their most popular works. The awards were given to the families of the late actor and actress. Numerous artists from around the Arab world and abroad were honored at the festival as well.
The festival will take place over a period of nine days in which 135 films will be screened. The films are from 69 different countries 12 of which are Arab countries.
- Palestinian Children to Attend Cairo International Festival for Children’s Movies
- Arab Stars Celebrate Cairo International Film Festival Silver Anniversary
- Dropouts, no-shows and delays: Is this the end of Cairo's film fest?
- STAR DINING, STAR GAZING, AND STAR SPOTTING AT MADINAT JUMEIRAH DURING THE 2ND ANNUAL DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL