Najwa Karam faces assault
Lebanese singer Najwa Karam was victim to assault at the end of one of the episodes of the weekly entertainment program “Arabs got talent” on the television channel MBC 4, which Najwa hosts. One of the participants had attacked Najwa and tried to physically assault her after her deciding vote eliminated him from the final round of the program.
Najwa’s bodyguards stopped the man from hurting her and removed him immediately. The contestant’s name is Sam and he had lost to Palestinian contestant Issam Al Bashiti.
On a different note, a campaign has been launched by a group of Saudis on the internet social network Facebook against Najwa’s song “Lashhad Hubbak” (I will beg for your love) and demanded that the production company ‘Rotana’ stop airing it on its channels and ban it from Saudi Arabia.
It is claimed that the song contains a section that says “I will worship your love after worshiping God” and many consider this part to go against the teachings of Islam.
At this many it is pondered whether ‘Rotana’ will answer the calls of those that want the song to be taken off the market, especially since it is not the first song that a song is taken off the market for being considered inappropriate.
- Najwa Karam's got it all...but she still hasn't found that man she's looking for (and she's fine with it)
- Najwa Karam booked for Doha but will she be upstaged by a drag queen?
- Najwa Karam's AGT finale sees stunning red dress, striking hot tongue!
- Talk to the back cos the face ain't listening: Najwa Karam "turns her back" to Sameer Safeer's insults!
- Najwa Karam is worth it! L'Oreal's new Arabic Face