Samira Ahmad takes the revolution to television
Prominent Egyptian actress Samira Ahmad is undergoing preparations for a grand television drama about the Egyptian January 25 Revolution. The drama is considered to be the first project that portrays the revolution on the small screen.
The drama will tackle the revolution from the moment it broke out up to the point when former Egyptian President Husni Mubarak stepped down from his position. A number of events will be portrayed in the drama to touch on the humanistic aspect of the revolution.
The leading roles in the drama will be shared by a number of actors, who are currently being nominated. Samira will play the role of one of the young men that took active parts in the protests and at the same time is wife to one of the political figures in the ruling party. The drama will be aired during the upcoming Ramadan season.
- Samira Ahmad travels to Iraq to save her son
- Peace out, Turkish actors! Samira Ahmad gives ‘em the boot
- Samira Ahmad starts production on her own biography written by her daughter and casting Hanan Al Turk
- Samira Ahmad teams up with Turkey's 'Karim' for TV comeback
- Yusra forced to be absent from television screens