Lebanon ranked 79th in terms of women’s opportunity
The Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2012 Women’s Economic Opportunity Index ranked Lebanon in 79th place among 128 countries globally, Byblos Bank reported in its weekly newsletter.
On the regional level, Lebanon was ranked in sixth place among 15 countries in the Middle East and North Africa region. The index is based on five indicators – labor policy and practice, access to finance, education and training, women’s legal and social status, and the general business environment. It rates countries on a scale of zero to 100, with 100 representing the most favorable economic and business environment for women.
- Not 9-5 but 24/7. What can Abu Dhabi to do ease tough working conditions of labourers?
- A bit harsh? New proposal wants to cap how long expats can reside in Kuwait
- Expensive education: GCC to spend $90 billion on education construction by 2020
- AUB students start the academic year with 'mixed emotions' as strike looms
- It’s a good time to be job hunting in the UAE
- Lebanon environment sustainability below average
- Women in the Middle East Control Around $0.7 Trillion of the Region's Total Assets
- Making the leap: Jordan jumps 19 places in e-governance rankings
- UAE ranked lowest country risk in the MENA region
- Lebanon 10th most liberal economy in the region, 90th globally