Lebanon ranked 79th in terms of women’s opportunity
The Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2012 Women’s Economic Opportunity Index ranked Lebanon in 79th place among 128 countries globally, Byblos Bank reported in its weekly newsletter.
On the regional level, Lebanon was ranked in sixth place among 15 countries in the Middle East and North Africa region. The index is based on five indicators – labor policy and practice, access to finance, education and training, women’s legal and social status, and the general business environment. It rates countries on a scale of zero to 100, with 100 representing the most favorable economic and business environment for women.
- GCC's education sector set to fall below the grade by 2015
- What's it going to take for the UAE's 'education revolution'?
- Saudi women and opportunities in the business world: glass ceiling or bottomless pit?
- Fancy name, drastically different setting: Are foreign universities in the Gulf a worthwhile endeavour?
- Oman has a formidable job creation task ahead of it