Report: Senior official at Lebanese cellular company suspected of supplying information to Israel
Lebanon's Ad-Diyar newspaper reported that the Lebanese army intelligence arrested a senior official at a cellular company, on suspicion of spying for Israel. The arrested man is the head of of broadcast and transmission in "Alfa" cellular phone company. He is suspected of supplying Israel with sensitive information "affecting the national security of Lebanon," the report added.
According to the newspaper, the suspect was arrested last Thursday. The investigators claim he could have access to sensitive information. The Lebanese army intelligence continues to investigate the detainee to locate possible partners who assisted him in giving information to Israel.
In recent months, the Lebanese intelligence had broken up large networks of dealers with the Mossad, including the heads of key spying cells, which operated for years inside Lebanon.
- Lebanon: Another colonel arrested on suspicion of spying for Israel
- Lebanon: Colonel arrested on suspicion of spying for Israel
- Israel had full control on Lebanon cell network
- Lebanon: Senior politician suspected of working for Israel
- Report: German engineer detained in Lebanon on charges of spying for Israel