Libyan children 'congratulate' royal couple in a bizarre way
Blessing the holy matrimony of the British royals with a sardonic and garish message. Not typical child well-wishes with a courtsey and bow.
According to the Sky News, children, aged between four and 13, were holding a poster with the photo of the royal couple on the Buckingham Palace balcony.
The photo was doctored to include images of war in the background. Red ink was added to depict blood dripping from the hands of Prince William.here were also photos of various politicians at the bottom of the poster including British Foreign Secretary William Hague, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Qatari Prime Minister.
A statement was read out by the eldest child, a 13-year-old girl.
"To the Duke of Cambridge - Kate Middleton. Under the heavy NATO airstrikes, we congratulate you on behalf of the Libyan children for your best day and your wedding to the successor of the throne of the UK," said the statement.
"Under the heavy airstrikes we are not able to follow the details of your news but we know today is your big day. And the reason we are not following you, as children of Libya, is because of the heavy airstrikes," it added.
Government officials claimed the poster had been drawn spontaneously by the children.
- British stereotypes uncovered: Will-Kate 'toasted married life with a cup of tea'; Tears at the wedding
- Breast unrest! Couple breastfed by same woman divorce
- British Minister's Location Leak Denied by Gaddafi in his 'Umbrella Speech'
- True romance: Wills and Kate join a tradition of love that includes Jordan's Rania and Abdullah
- Prince William, Kate Middleton are married, Arab leaders celebrate