How a Hollywood star throws an engagement party with His Lebanese bride-to-be
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin enjoyed an engagement party at the weekend.
The 'Monuments Men' actor - who proposed to the human rights lawyer at home last month - and his new fiancee were joined by a number of celebrity friends at Malibu's Cafe Habana last night (11.05.14) to toast their impending nuptials.
Among those in attendance at the low-key bash, which kicked off around 7pm, were U2 frontman Bono, Rande Gerber and his wife Cindy Crawford.
And despite the famous gathering, the group were happy for the eatery to still be open to patrons wanting a Mother's Day (11.05.14) meal, and one onlooker said the restaurant - which is owned by Rande - was very busy.
The source told E! News: "People got a show they didn't expect and other [restaurant patrons] said it was the best Mother's Day ever."
The happy couple were described as looking "refreshed and relaxed" and favoured casual attire for the bash, with George teaming a blue shirt with jeans and his bride-to-be wearing a green t-shirt and floral shorts.
The evening wasn't the first time the couple have celebrated their engagement, as it was previously reported that the night after George proposed, the pair celebrated their happy news with friends at Craig's restaurant in Los Angeles, and onlookers say they were "just beaming".
And the following night Amal happily showed off her ring to pals including Cindy and Rande at Nobu in Malibu.
- So soon? Amal Alamuddin’s conservative Lebanese parents push for short engagement to George Clooney
- Way to snag that Beirut babe! George Clooney's engagement to Amal Alamuddin confirmed
- George Clooney's cha-ching bling revealed: Here's the engagement ring he gave Amal Alamuddin
- You're kidding, right?! Amal Alamuddin thought George Clooney was joking when he proposed
- Say what?! George Clooney's fam shocked when he proposed to Beirut-born Amal Alamuddin