So soon? Amal Alamuddin’s conservative Lebanese parents push for short engagement to George Clooney
George Clooney is willing to kiss up to Amal's conservative parents.
George Clooney wants to give Amal Alamuddin her dream wedding.
The 53-year-old actor proposed to the British lawyer, 36, last month and they plan to tie the knot in September at either his home in Lake Como, Italy or Cabo San Lucas in Mexico.
A source said: "He'd marry her today if he could, but he wants to give her a dream wedding. It is her first, and he wants it to be his last!"
The brunette beauty's conservative Lebanese parents are also eager for the couple to make their union legal.
The insider told Us Weekly magazine: "[They] are old-fashioned when it comes to these things. They expect a short engagement.
"George would do whatever makes her happy."
The couple celebrated their engagement with 20 close friends at Café Habana in Malibu, California on May 11, during which U2 frontman Bono serenaded them with 'Wonderwall'.
The 'Monuments Men' actor is thought to be planning to splash out on a new property in London because his bride-to-be doesn't want to have to relocate her career.
A source claimed last week: "Amal wants to continue her work, and George is very supportive and proud of her career. He will soon be going to London so they can look for a new home there together."
- Here's some cash, Clooney! Amal Alamuddin's Lebanese 'rents are footing the wedding bill
- Clooney foots a £50K bill as flood experts are called into his and Amal's "dangerous" new mansion
- Shotgun Wedding? If Amal Alamuddin is 3 months pregnant with Clooney's baby, that explains the rushed engagement!
- Go George Clooney, it's your birthday, Amal's gonna party like it's your birthday
- The Alamuddin's have landed! George Clooney's in-laws tour his set