George Clooney spends some alone time wining & dining his Lebanese future mother-in-law
George Clooney wined and dined his future mother-in-law on Thursday night (22.05.14).
The 'Monuments Men' star was spotted enjoying an intimate dinner with his fiancée, Amal Alamuddin, and her mother, Baria Alamuddin, at the Berkeley Hotel in Knightsbridge, London.
A source told UsMagazine.com that it was the first time the Oscar-winner had seen Baria since proposing to the British barrister, 36, last month.
It was previously revealed that George, 53, had already made a good impression on Amal's father Ramzi, who was sceptical when he first learned of their relationship because of his Hollywood status.
A source recently said: ''[The family were] scared ... that Amal's accomplishments and education would be neglected in the press - and even by George.''
But now Ramzi has got to know George he approves of him ''wholeheartedly.''
The source added: ''He clearly has the brains to go with his beauty, and he's working hard to prove to them that he deserves a place in their respected family.''
The couple also enjoyed a private tour around Highclere Castle in Hampshire where 'Downton Abbey' is filmed on Thursday.
An insider said: ''Highclere is sometimes open to the public but this day it wasn't, so they were the only ones there. They spent a few hours there before they returned to their hotel.''
- Good morning Mr. & Mrs. Clooney! George and Amal make first appearance as hubby and wife
- A Lecture to (some) Lebanese Mothers
- The story of a Lebanese lady taking the world's most wanted bachelor off the market ends in Italy wedding!
- A-list interviewer: Raya's Got Talent!
- Hollywood star George Clooney takes his Lebanese fiancée to Downton Abbey set