Politics & Glamour on the menu: Egyptian celebs get a taste of Al Sisi at Cairo event
A warm and friendly evening brought Egyptian Field Marshal Al Sisi, who’s currently running for President, with over 50 celebs in Egypt, who gathered to meet him at a special event in Cairo, where they discussed pressing issues facing artists in their country today.
According to Laha Magazine, the event was attended by some of Egypt’s top names in showbiz, including the legendary Faten Hamama, Adel Imam, Mahmoud Abdel Aziz, Mervat Amin, Elham Shahin, Nelly Karim, Nour El Sherif, Ahmad Al Sakka, Mohammad Subhi, Mohammad Hunaidi, Ehab Tawfiq, Sharif Muneer.
Throughout the course of the evening, Sisi tried to divide up his time and make conversation with as many of the celebs attending as he could.
Sisi discused making a difference and finding ways to help revive the entertainment business in Egypt, which is a key part of Egyptian society.
Faten Hamama expressed what an honor it was to be invited to the event, stating that all the statements made by Sisi on the night were very logical and sincere.
On the evening, Sisi told Faten: “I cannot but give special thanks to you,” and she replied: “I’m very optimistic about the future and feel that hope is coming to this country. May God be on your side.”
During a funny incident at the event, Ahmad Al Sakka asked to be given the chance to speak, but Sisi interrupted him saying: “You said in one of your movies that from now on there’s no government, but I am the government!”
A cheeky Ahmad responded: “This child has made a mistake, oh great one!”
- Ghada Abdel Razek joins the list of celebs saying "Sisi yes, Sisi yes" for President!
- Egyptian celebs Layla Elwi, Elham Shahin & Yousra say "Sisi yes, Sisi yes" for new President
- It's all for you Mr. President! Jannat sings in support of Al Sisi
- Sisi yes, Sisi yes: Asala congratulates Sisi on his Presidential win
- Is it all for Sisi? Karim Abdel Aziz's short film "Al Qarar" (The Decision) said to support presidential campaign