It’s only trouble in Paradise: Tamer Hosny & Basma Bousel still MARRIED!
It was only a matter of time before Tamer Hosny spoke out about his “divorce,” and the Egyptian superstar has finally broken his silence 36 hours after rumors about divorcing Basma Bousel took the Internet by storm.
It was reported that the couple had split up in complete secrecy after two years of marriage, according to the Middle East News portal, while others claimed that Basma was secretly married to Jordanian singer Yahia Suwais, who she met on “Star Academy,” before getting hitched to Hosny.
However, the singer refused to pay those rumors any attention and made a statement clarifying the issue: They didn’t pull the plug on their marriage, they’re just having marital problems like any other couple would!
In a Facebook status, Tamer said: “Important clarification: The truth is there are major problems between Basma and I; we came close to separating, but an official divorce never took place. At the end of the day, Basma is the mother of my only daughter and whether we separate or not I’ll always respect her and will never accept badmouthing her. I won’t accept any silly rumors about her either. Please stop talking about this topic, this is our private life and God will choose what’s best for us.”
According to Elaph news, Yahia swore that him and Basma are merely close friends and the marriage certificate “proving” they were together is clearly forged.
- Marriage gone down the drain: Tamer Hosny and Basma Bousel divorce
- A "loved-up" Basma Bousel hits back at haters: Tamer Hosny is "Always number one"
- Tamer Hosny tells his wife Happy Birthday and announces her innocence
- Trouble in Paradise? Sorry ladies, Tamer Hosny is still taken!
- Have Tamer Hosny & Basma Bousel kissed and made-up on their 'lil secret Beirut trip?