Egyptian satirist Bassem Youssef's dad died today, here's how Twitter paid tribute
Youssef is currently living in the US, where he's preparing to host this year's international Emmy Awards. (AFP/File)
Egyptian satirist Bassem Youssef's father died tragically over the weekend, as we learned earlier today. The star posted this tweet on Sarturday night annoucing the news.
In case you've missed him somehow, Youssef is an Egyptian satirist and columnist, (not to mention, a former cardiologist) whose been dubbed the Middle East's own Jon Stewart. Here the two are during a Daily Show episode in 2013.
On Sunday, Twitter users paid respects to the star's father as the news hit the MENA region.
- How a Bassem Youssef tweet revealed the extent of anti-Semitism in the Middle East
- Bassem Youssef breaks our hearts with tribute to his late father
- Egyptian satirist Bassem Youssef's father dies in a car crash
- Bassem Youssef misses his former co-stars
- Bassem Youssef: serious, witty, and seriously funny in a rare live Q&A interview!