Five historic tweets from Iran celebrating the nuclear deal
Iranians took to the streets to celebrate the night after the nuclear deal Tuesday. (Twitter)
The Iran nuclear deal on Tuesday marked the gradual end of sanctions and something Iranians have long been waiting for.
It sparked celebrations across the Islamic Republic as Iranians anticipated results that would lead a better economy, after years of sanctions sunk the rial against the dollar, diminished Iran's GDP and skyrocketed inflation.
The agreement between Iran and six world powers has led to what Iranian leaders are calling a "post-sanctions era." In the long run a stronger economy means more jobs and less poverty for the country, and for that its residents are celebrating.
Iranian diplomats on Tuesday morning announced the deal had been struck. Here's a photo of the world leaders' signatures on the document:
And here are five tweets showing the extent of celebrations across Iran.
1. The official:
I thank the Iranian diplomats, lawyers & nuclear scientists whose extraordinary efforts have brought about this victory. #IranDeal— Hassan Rouhani (@HassanRouhani) July 14, 2015
2. The proud American supporter:
— Negar نگار (@NegarMortazavi) July 15, 2015
3. The dancing:
4. The rallies:
5. The women (and their freed hair):
Others, including Israel and American Republicans, were more critical of the deal. Here's a tweet thrown in just for laughs:
By Hayat Norimine
- Obama: Iran framework deal 'historic'
- Dancing in the streets! Iranians celebrate the lifting of sanctions
- Iran enthusiastic about nuclear deal, ending sanctions
- Top five photos from around the world in a movement to support the Iran deal
- A lot to win, a lot to lose: can the Gulf and Iran do business together once a nuclear deal is signed?