A video shows Israeli officers disguising themselves, detaining and shooting Palestinians
The undercover Israeli agent reportedly detained three injured Palestinians during the clashes. (AFP/File)
Tensions between Israelis and Palestinians have worsened further with recent clashes at al-Aqsa Mosque, not to mention continuing incidents such as Israeli forces storming a grocery store and beating the owner.
In another recent video to have sparked outrage Wednesday, video footage appeared of undercover Israeli forces shooting a Palestinian man in the thigh at point-blank range at the Beit El checkpoint, outside Ramallah in the West Bank.
What might make it worse is the footage proudly making it on an IDF lieutenant's Facebook, titled "Duvdevan," the elite Israeli special operations unit. In the video, the Israelis are disguised as Palestinian protesters wearing keffiyehs and similar clothing.
AFP reported the Israelis were in the group for 30 minutes before they made their moves to detain three Palestinians; two of them were shot while a third one was beaten. Cries of "mustarabiin" were heard, a term used to describe Israelis dressed as Arabs for military operations.
Palestinians responded by throwing stones at them as the Israelis began shooting. AFP said one Palestinian was in critical condition after being shot in the back of the head.
Here's the video:
By Hayat Norimine
- Online video appears to show Egyptian hostages call on Morsi to help
- Video shows IDF officer shot Palestinian teen as he was fleeing
- Video shows Palestinian woman being shot to death by IDF at Zaatara checkpoint
- Israeli police swarm illegal settlements for demolition, arrest 50 protesters
- Shooting Attack in the Israeli City of Ashdod, One Israeli Boy Injured; Sharon Decides to Lift Travel Ban on Arafat