Abbas insists on Jerusalem construction freeze
Palestinian Authority president Mahmud Abbas stressed on Sunday that he would not return to tpeace talks with Israel without a settlement freeze that included occupied east Jerusalem. "We will not accept an offer to resume negotiations if the settlement freeze is not comprehensive, in other words it must include Jerusalem," Abbas told reporters after meeting with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.
Israel must "put a halt to settlement activity in all of the Palestinian territories," the Palestinian leader added.
- PA insists no peace talks without settlement construction freeze
- Abbas insists: Talks just after settlement freeze
- Palestinians Insist on all of East Jerusalem
- Abbas, Olmert fail to agree on settlement construction freeze
- Israel will not freeze illegal settlement construction in Jerusalem, official says