Ahmadinejad hails Lebanon as "focus point of resistance"
Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Wednesday started a two-day visit to Lebanon. Ahmadinejad earlier described Lebanon as the "focus point of resistance" as he left for Beirut.
"Lebanon is the focus point of resistance and standing against those who demand too much," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying on the state television's website prior to departing to Lebanon. "It is playing an excellent role in this regard," he added.
According to him, the main goal of his trip was to boost "bilateral ties in different areas and to hold talks and consultations with Lebanese officials on regional and international issues."
- Lebanon puts the hush on "The Silent Majority Speaks": Iranian film banned
- Ahmadinejad says Iran will always support Lebanon
- Four kms from border, Ahmadinejad says Israel is set to collapse
- President Mubarak hails ties with Russia as he starts official visit
- Syria Hails UN Seat as ‘Victory’ over Israel, Terror Charges