Another phone call between Ahmadinejad and Saudi King
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Saudi King Abdullah have spoken on the phone for a second time within a fortnight, Iran's state news agency IRNA reported Thursday. The Wednesday evening conversation comes amid growing tensions between the two regional powers over rising Iranian influence in Lebanese politics.
"In this telephone call, the heads of the two states discussed boosting bilateral cooperation, as well as recent developments in the region and in the international scene," IRNA reported.
Ahmadinejad and King Abdullah last spoke to each other by telephone on October 12, one day before the Iranian leader went to Lebanon.
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- In rare conversation: Saudi King, Iranian president discuss regional issues
- Amid growing tensions: Ahmadinejad invited to Saudi summit
- UAE Calls for Dialogue between Civilizations
- Iran's Rouhani calls for closer ties with Saudi Arabia