Arkan announces AED 100 million project
Arkan Building Material Company a leading provider of integrated building products and construction materials in the UAE, announced today commencement of construction of its AED 100 million dry mortar plant in Al Mafraq for the production of pre-mixed mortars. The project, called Arkan Dry Mortar, will have a production capacity of 1,000 tonnes per day.
The establishment of Arkan Dry Mortar is in line with Arkan’s ongoing capacity expansion programme within the dry mortar products category. The new facility, spread over an area of more than 57,000 square meters, will be Arkan’s first dry mortar plant in the UAE. Construction work at the site has started, and the unit is scheduled to be fully operational in the fourth quarter of 2011.
“The new Arkan facility is a sound investment that demonstrates how the company, with the support of its shareholders and the Abu Dhabi Government, continues to meet the evolving growth requirements of the regional construction industry
by providing integrated solutions of the highest quality and at the most competitive prices,” said Saeed Al Mutawa Al Dhaheri, Vice President – Projects, Arkan.
“As today’s announcement demonstrates, Arkan is committed to innovation and leadership in the field of building materials. With projects such as Arkan Dry Mortar, we are increasing capacity and ensuring the right product mix to serve the needs of the region for the coming decades,” Al Dhaheri said.
“Arkan Dry Mortar will have the capability to produce a wide range of customised dry mortar products from its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, offering the most cost-effective solutions to the building construction industry in the UAE and wider region,” he said. “Dry mortar provides superior quality and ease of application, and we are certain that demand will continue to increase over the coming years.”
The product range of Arkan Dry Mortar includes machine applied plasters/renders, tile mortars, masonry mortars, and floor screeds, among others. Facilities at the upcoming Arkan plant include silo/tanker filling, bag filling, palletizing and automatic shrink wrapping.
Dry mortars are a blend of inorganic binders, mineral aggregates and additives, which are homogeneously mixed in the factory in a high-efficiency mixer and transported to the job site in dry form in bags or silos. A specified amount of potable water is mixed with the dry mortar just before its application, providing time-saving and ease of application.
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents
- World Bank offers Jordan $1.4B over six years for Syria response
- Swiss Leaks revisited: Strong Egyptian presence in banking scandal
- Gypsemna setting up a world-scale plasterboard factory in Abu Dhabi
- Arkan announces AED 100 million project
- Arkan announces AED 100 million project, continues expansion and integration drive
- UNB announces AED 1.04 billion syndicated loan for Arkan Building Materials Company
- Landmark Dar Al-Arkan Sukuk Successfully Closes At US$450 Million