Army denies Mubarak left to Germany
Egypt's Supreme Council of the Armed Forces denied reports that former president Hosni Mubarak had left to Germany. The Council said Mubarak was still in Sharm el-Sheikh since leaving his post on February 11.
Mubarak and his family were placed under house arrest and banned from leaving Egypt.
Last week, the Council refuted reports that Mubarak had sought refuge in Saudi Arabia.
On Friday, thousands of Egyptian protesters and opposition activists held anti-Mubarak rallies in Cairo's Liberation Square and several other cities. They called for the resignation of all officials loyal to the Mubarak regime. They also demanded Mubarak's swift trial.
- Egypt army confirms Mubarak under house arrest
- Mubarak denies ordering "the shedding of the blood of Egyptians"
- Egypt: Parliament bans former officials of Mubarak regime
- Mubarak still under house arrest
- Business meets politics: Germany’s arms exports to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and UAE raise 'harrowing questions'