Assad: Prospects of war increase
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Sunday said that that the real peace in the Middle East moves away and while prospects of war increase, stressing that his country wants peace, security and stability.
The People's Army magazine quoted Assad as saying "it is a mistake to think that Syria could compromise on its principles". He added that Syria supports the resistance which "remains less than the cost of submission and surrender. "
The Syrian President noted: "We seek a just peace and establishing security and stability in this vital region of the world."
"If someone thinks that Syria could negotiate the occupied Golan Heights, then his is unrealistic because the liberation of the Golan is the right of the Syrian people and the army. Whatever the threats, they are unable to change tomorrow's culture and life of all the Syrian people who see that dignity is part of sovereignty. "
- Assad: Peace with Israel just after return of all occupied Syrian lands
- Assad sets conditions for Syrian participation in peace conference
- Greek President Holds Discussions with Syrian Vice President
- Syria Ready to Negotiate with Sharon on Conditions, Israel Says Conditions Unacceptable
- Syrian FM: Bashar Assad's Top Priority is to Regain the Golan