Bahrain hit by F1 race cancellation
Bahrain on Monday was hit as organizers said the season-opening Formula One race in the kingdom has been called off because of anti-government protests. Bahrain Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa stated the country must "focus on immediate issues of national interest and leave the hosting of Bahrain's Formula One race to a later date."
The race was to be run March 13.
Earlier, Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone held talks with the crown prince of Bahrain over whether next month's race will go ahead.
- Dh700 million new road projects in Dubai
- Dubai tops public transportation affordability globally
- Can you believe GCC's aviation is set to outpace all counterpart sectors globally?!
- More people prefer Dubai Metro to car
- And things just got fiercer: British Airways' plans to take over Middle Eastern markets