DM: Kuwait is not launchpad for attacks
Kuwait intendss to purchase Patriot missiles from the United States but will not allow its territory to be a launchpad for attacks, the defence minister said in statements published on Wednesday. Sheikh Jaber Mubarak al-Sabah said the planned US$900-million Patriot missiles deal is aimed at boosting the military's capability and should not be "misunderstood."
"We do not purchase arms to launch attacks on others and we do not accept attacks to be launched from our territories against other," countries, the minister was quoted as saying by AFP.
- Kuwait Plans Upgrades to Defence Capabilities
- Israeli Air Force to Deploy Anti-Aircraft Missiles Against Attacks Like September 11
- Kuwaiti Defense Minister: Increase of American troops - part of joint exercises
- Turkey considers deployment of "Patriot" missiles on Syria border
- Kuwait deployed ten US Patriot missile batteries