du Expands Fixed Network with IP NGN Services Powered by GENBAND
GENBAND, a leading developer of IP infrastructure and service solutions, today announced that du, the UAE's integrated telecom service provider, has expanded its next-generation fixed network with GENBAND's market-leading IP Switching solutions. This network expansion enables du to offer more reliable and advanced Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) communications - widely used for offering access to multimedia communication sessions to residential and business subscribers across the UAE. "We have experienced positive growth and established ourselves as the operator of choice for business and residential customers. This partnership will enable us to deliver advanced telecom services across the UAE," said Hatem Bamatraf, Senior Vice President, Network Development, du. "GENBAND's innovative IP solutions and technical expertise have enabled us to expand our network in a seamless manner, improving our competitive advantage. We are eager to transform the communication experience of our customers."
"du is an outstanding industry example of innovation and cutting-edge deployment of all-IP networking," said Mehmet Balos, Chief Marketing Officer at GENBAND. "We are pleased to provide du with GENBAND's industry-leading media gateways and C20 Converged Softswitch in a unique, geo-survivable configuration that gives subscribers in the UAE not only disaster recovery protection, but also the most advanced IP services available. We are helping du to seamlessly and simply evolve its network to IP by consolidating all of their Class 5 traffic onto one platform, while at the same time providing consumer and business voice and multimedia solutions for du's growing telecom market."
Commenting on achieving this milestone, GENBAND's VP of Sales for the Middle East, Mr. Haitham Shubair, said: "We would like to congratulate du for continuing to be at the forefront of innovation and the first in rolling out cutting-edge NGN solutions. This large network expansion is a testament to GENBAND's unmatched leadership and expertise in efficiently transforming legacy networks to IP."
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- du TV+: The Next Generation interactive TV arrives in the Middle East, enabled by Alcatel-Lucent as network integrator and powered by Microsoft Media
- du partners with Alcatel-Lucent to boost converged service offerings in the UAE
- du joins the league of first few regional companies in collaboration with Cisco
- Alcatel honored with second “NGN Infrastructure Vendor of the Year” award from Frost & Sullivan