Dubai Metro: 30 million passengers in first year of operation
The number of Dubai Metro's passengers in the first year of operation reached nearly 30 million, according to statistics published by the Dubai Roads and Transport. Chairman of the Board of Directors and Executive Director of Roads and Transport Authority Dubai, Mattar Al Tayer, said in a statement: "The number of users of the Dubai Metro has grown steadily since it started operations in the ninth of September 2009. It rose from 1.8 million passengers in October 2009 to 3.3 million passengers in August 2010, a growth rate of 183 percent. "
He noted that the number of passengers of the Metro in September 2009 amounted to 1,195,920 and rose in October to 1,767,879 and over 2 million passengers in December 2009. The number rose to 3,193,087 passengers, in the month of May 2010, and 3,301,959 passengers in the month of August.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts