Egypt: Electrolux postpones Egypt deal
Click here to add Cairo as an alert
Disable alert for Cairo,
Click here to add Electrolux as an alert
Disable alert for Electrolux,
Click here to add Financial Investments S.A.E. as an alert
Disable alert for Financial Investments S.A.E.,
Click here to add Olympic Group as an alert
Disable alert for Olympic Group,
Click here to add Paradise Capital as an alert
Disable alert for Paradise Capital
Sweden's Electrolux has postponed a $480m deal to acquire a controlling stake in Cairo-based Olympic Group, the biggest home appliance maker in the Middle East and North Africa region, because of the current unrest.
In October 2010, Electrolux signed a preliminary agreement with Paradise Capital to acquire 52% of Olympic Group for Financial Investments S.A.E.
Olympic Group has 7,300 employees and manufactures washing machines, refrigerators, cookers and water heaters. In 2009, the company had sales of EGP 2.1 billion (some US$400 million) and an estimated volume market share of approximately 30% in Egypt.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?